What's Your Anger IQ? Take the Test!
Take Dr. Jenn Berman's Anger IQ Test, then check out the key below to find out how you scored!
(1) How often do you feel angry?
B. A few times a week
D. Multiple times a day
(2) How intense is your anger?
(3) Do you have a hard time expressing what is on your mind, and let things build up?
D. Most of the time
(4) How would you rate the stress level in your life?
A. Very low
D. Extremely high
(5) How are you at problem solving?
(6) How quick are you to blame someone or something when things go wrong?
A. I go out of my way to look for my part in problems that arise.
B. I try to objectively see what caused the problem, even if it was me.
C. I admit, I am pretty quick to blame.
D. It usually is someone else's fault.
(7) How exhausted are you?
A. Not at all. I get a good night's sleep every night.
B. Not too bad. I get a decent night's sleep most nights.
C. Pretty exhausted. I don't get enough sleep.
D. Very exhausted. I can't remember the last time I got eight hours of sleep.
(8) What is your support system like?
A. I have a strong network of people who I can rely on, and I call upon them often.
B. I have a couple of select people I can lean on.
C. I have people I could call if things get really bad, but I am not comfortable reaching out to people.
D. I isolate myself or I am too busy giving to others to have a support system.
(9) How would your partner or close friend describe your anger?
A. Not an angry person.
B. A little hot-tempered, but not too bad.
(10) How would you describe the home life you grew up with?
A. Loving and peaceful.
D. Frightening and abusive.
(11) Do you find yourself obsessing about something upsetting that has happened?
(12) Do you get physically aggressive (pushing, hitting, etc.)?
(13) When you are upset, you are able to calm yourself down…
B. With significant effort.
C. I struggle to do that.
D. I can't. I just get out of control.
(14) Are other people afraid of you?
(15) How many outlets (such as therapy, exercise, hobbies, etc.) do you have for your emotions?
A. More than I can count.
B. I have some good outlets but need to use them more often.
C. I have a couple but don't always use them.
D. I don't have any.
Each A is 1 point Each B is 3 points Each C is 5 points Each D is 7 points
ANGER IQ HEAT INDEX:
76 - 105 points: Hot-headed
46 - 75 points: Easily irritated
27 - 45 points: Average temperament
15 - 26 points: Totally cool
Click here to find out Dr. Berman's interpretations of your quiz results, to see how Anderson scored, and to get a great tip on how to manage your anger!