Recipe: Jamie Oliver's Thanksgiving Side Dishes
World-renowned chef Jamie Oliver showed Anderson how to make two side dishes for his Thanksgiving dinner -- Brussels sprouts and carrots. The full recipes are below. Be sure to click the link below for the carrot recipe.
If you make Jamie’s recipes for Thanksgiving, please tweet us a picture to @Anderson, or post on our Facebook wall. Let @JamieOliver, @AndersonCooper and the @Anderson Team know how much your family loved Jamie’s recipes!
‘Brussels with Hustle’ Recipe
“Who wants to spend ages prepping sprouts when there’s so much going on? Not me,” says Jamie. “This kind of recipe is exactly the reason why I love my food processor. You just rattle the sprouts through and get them into a pan with gorgeous flavors. Done.”
• 500g Brussels sprouts
• Olive oil
• A large knob of butter
• 4 smoked streaky bacon rashers, finely sliced
• 2 sage sprigs, leaves picked
• 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
• 2 garlic cloves, finely grated
1. Push the sprouts through the fine slicing attachment of a food processor, then fill the bowl with water.
2. Add a good drizzle of olive oil and the butter to a large pan over a medium heat. Add the bacon, sage and a pinch of salt and pepper and cook for 5–10 minutes, or until lovely and crisp.
3. Drain the sprouts, add to the pan and turn the heat up – it doesn’t matter if they’re still a bit wet, that will help them steam. Fry for 10 minutes or till soft. Add a splash of water if needed.
4. Add the Worcestershire sauce, toss it all together then turn the heat off. Add the garlic – you really want that hum of raw garlic – then give it another good stir and serve straight away.
Recipe © Jamie Oliver